Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Torture is wrong. Period.

I don't know how the feck it's come to pass in just a few short years that one has to make an statement against torture ON BEHALF OF A LAW-BASED DEMOCRACY, but there it is.

In particular, torture of a 16-year-old kid is wrong, diabolically wrong. I don't care who his parents are or what they said or did, nor does it matter that this kid may have thrown a grenade at a U.S. soldier. There's nothing to be gained by tormenting a KID. Please note that there is a HUGE difference between punishment and @#!%$*&!ing torture.

The Red Cross believes that war crimes are being commited at Guantanamo Bay - in your name, in my name:



It's got to stop. Especially for this kid. To quote another commenter: "I am Canadian and I demand that his rights be vigorously enforced. YO! HARPER! Snap to it!"

You can go here to sign the Avaaz petition for the U.S. to close the Guantanamo Bay prison.

No comments: