Thursday, July 10, 2008

My current fantasy

A little cottage at the edge of a sandy beach. By myself, for a couple of weeks a month, with no social obligations.

Lots of books from my own collection. A hammock in the shade.

A comfy cot inside the cottage where I could nap every day. Perhaps even twice.

Delicious, healthy, vegetarian food is either served or easily prepared.

The weather is warm but still comfortable, and there is lots of shade so I don’t wither in the sun or worry about my skin getting scorched.

My two cats have miraculously been able to come on this vacation with me, without flipping out about the new environment or running out the door and getting lost outside. Elves come in twice a day to clean out the cat litter and generally tidy the cottage.

And, for good measure: while I am away from home, someone (more elves?) is cleaning my apartment and washing the windows.

YOUR current vacation fantasy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

... extremely similar ... sigh, I wish! Happy summer, whatever you're up to!

Anonymous said...

my current fantasy is sitting somewhere with someone bringing me drinks with umbrellas, maybe a wee platter of fruit, and ditto about the cats, I am sure team tabby need a holiday it is very cold here at the moment, they all huddle around the fire at night.