Sunday, April 15, 2007

YIkes

Yesterday I noticed that my cat Cleo had a really sore-looking hind paw, so this afternoon we made the trip to the animal hospital.

Two and a half hours, $380, one X-ray, a packet of antibiotics, a foot soak and bandage, and a mild sedative (just for the cat, unfortunately) later … and now Cleo smells like the animal hospital and Sabrina, my other cat, freaks out whenever they come close to each other …

Oy.

I will say one thing: if you’ve never tried using Rescue Remedy for animals or stress before, you might want to try it. I gave Cleo some of this homeopathic remedy this morning when she seemed to be in pain, and it made a world of difference; her eyes became clear again, and she had her normal perky manner again. It didn’t fix her paw, obviously, but I think it helped her feel better.

Next time, though, both cats are coming with me to the animal hospital, so they can smell equally disinfectant-y!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey C!

What have you been up to lately? Long time no hear!

Sad news, I won't be able to join Photography of People. It's a lot of money for me right now, plus I've already got two Chef Training courses a week these days, so adding another would be a lot to undertake.

I'm having a party on Saturday May 12. You should come! www.ewartmedia.com/yvonne

We should hang out soon!

Yvonne

Anonymous said...

I'm just saying that I discovered this blog following a trail. I was trying to sniff out a painting I fell in love with last weekend, and I serendipitously found a reference to it here(the best one I could find, incidentally), and now have read all about the blogger. It's the same system that my daughter uses, so it looks vaguely familiar. I never wrote on a blog, except to write notes to her. What a fascinating person Eclecta appears to be. This century figures to be pretty interesting if I eventually see what it's all about. xo, C.