Sunday, April 15, 2007

The most boring blog update EVER

So it’s been a while … I had been doing so well with relatively regular updates to this blog, but then I just needed to focus on some other things for a bit, namely going to the gym regularly, going to bed on time, and keeping my apartment tidy. Pretty boring, I know, but I’d slipped into some bad habits, and they weren’t turning around easily. But it’s getting easier to wake up at 5:00* in the morning to go to the gym before work, I generally wash up the kitchen after dinner each night**, and I’m now going to bed between 8:45 and 9:30 (rather than the midnight – 12:30AM that had become my habit just a month ago or so!). Needless to say, this radical change in schedule and activity hasn’t come easy, especially when I was getting up early but still was getting to bed late. It didn’t help that Daylight Savings Time started too, and sent the schedule in the opposite direction. But in spite of these challenges, I am prevailing and continue to be determined. I’m rather proud of myself! :)

* I know you’re wondering: why do I get up so early for the gym? I’ve tried going there after work, but it seems harder somehow, like work has squeezed me out like a limp washcloth, and going to the gym is the last thing that I want to do at the end of the day! As well, now that spring is teasing us with its possible arrival, getting up really early is great for photography on the weekends (since my gym doesn’t open until 7:30 on Saturdays and Sundays). Also, I will be doing some volunteer work once a week or so that is best to do around dawn (more on that later).

** Now that I’m a vegetarian, I find I’m cooking more for myself (rather than heating frozen prepared food) and need what little counter space I have in this kitchen to be cleared of dirty dishes. This means washing our dirty dishes on a daily basis rather than after 2 - 3 days. It took a little time for my roommate to understand this, but now we both really enjoy having a clean kitchen. Woo-hoo!!!!

There have been some other things going on, of course, but I’ll leave those for their own blog entries. But in the meantime, thanks for checking my humble blog for updates! :)

No comments: