Monday, October 09, 2006

Old Baldie in the Fall


Old Baldie in the Fall
Originally uploaded by Noisypond.

If you have been checking out my blog lately and wondering why there have been so few updates, it has been because I took last week off work and travelled around southern Ontario (alone and with friends Nancy and Melanie). The objective? To see some beautiful fall scenery AND capture it with my camera.

For the first few months after I bought my camera, I just used all the automatic settings. Then I started an introductory photography course, and started using the manual settings. The quality of my photos when I made this change nosedived (nosedove?). Crap. But I've been practising with determination, and now my photos are back up to speed, and I would rather have the control that the manual settings provide me rather than what might happen with automatic settings.

There are tons more photos yet to be posted - stay tuned! (Some of them have already been uploaded at www.flickr.com/photos/noisypond). But again, more to come.

No comments: