Sunday, February 08, 2009

Wow

Wendy told me they were having a brutal heat wave down under, but then I got this e-mail forwarded to me by my friend Aviva:

Hi ya,

I truly am from a remarkable country! And we have THE cutest animals (AND some of the most deadly - I know!) But I thought you would appreciate how cute this is...! In Victoria the temperature has been above 44 degrees all week and they are forecasting another week of 40+ temperatures. Power is failing, trains have stopped running because tracks are buckling under the heat . It’s just scorching. And it seems that the people are not the only ones suffering.

Check out these photos of a little Koala which just walked onto my friends back porch looking for a bit of heat relief. She filled up a bucket of water for it and this is what happened!




No comments: