Friday, August 04, 2006

Training day #1 for AIDS 2006 Conference


DSC_0009
Originally uploaded by Noisypond.

AMAZING day today. Today I had my first day of training as a volunteer/volunteer supervisor for the XVI International AIDS conference, hosted this year in Toronto!!!

I met so many amazing people. There’s a certain set of values that you share with other people who have made it a priority to spend an entire week doing something like this. We got along so well. I met Ada (pictured here) who did two years’ volunteer work in South Africa, I met Hassan who ran logistics for Doctors Without Borders in Darfur for several months, I met Neil (will post picture soon) who is responsible for all the logistics of this conference, and a whole bunch of amazingly caring, intelligent, committed human beings. This conference is going to be a phenomenal experience!!!

Note: picture actually taken by Hassan

No comments: