Sunday, August 20, 2006

One of the conference highlights


DSC_0004
Originally uploaded by Noisypond.

Here are two outstanding volunteers who were, while also managing traffic flow, were selling conference T-shirts. They were hysterical! They had a little routine that they would call out with a sassy accent: "Come get your Roots T-shirt! You know you want one! Looks good with your EYES! Looks good with your SMILE! ..."

The young woman on the right would say most of the words, but the woman on the right would chime in for "EYES" and "SMILE" and other key words so it was almost like a song. Quite a performance, and they really seemed to enjoy it as well.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I remember those two very well.
You and I worked together at one point at the conference and you gave me your card.
I just found it and looked your blog up. Great photos! It was good working with you.

Eclecta said...

Hi Barbara!

Thanks for visiting my humble blog, and for your kind words.

I've checked out both your blogs - welcome to Toronto!!!! I love Strombo too!!!

:)

C.

Eclecta said...

Oh, I forgot to mention in the last comment that I have set up an online group for all AIDS 2006 volunteers. E-mail me and I will send you the link!

Cynthia