Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bernardo Martorell, "Saint George Killing the Dragon"


Bernardo Martorell, "Saint George Killing the Dragon"
Originally uploaded by Noisypond.

1430/5, tempera on panel

Try this exercise: the next time you’re on the subway or in a mall or other busy place, think of a particular colour (e.g., red) and then look around you for any and all objects that are that colour. You soon become acutely aware of all the things around you of that colour that you may have overlooked previously.

It’s the same thing when someone makes you think of something differently. Suddenly, you are aware of it, seemingly everywhere. Funny how the mind works, huh?

Andrea, although I never would have anticipated this, I thought of you several times while wandering through the Art Institute of Chicago. Thank you for giving me that little extra awareness, that private joke, to amuse and bemuse me. Thank you for being a person who raises my awareness, challenges my thinking, and helps me to open my mind just a little more. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cynthia,
Words escape me...you are too kind and most welcome.
A.