Sunday, June 25, 2006

Belfountain Conservation Area


DSC_0055
Originally uploaded by Noisypond.

Today I needed some time out in nature by myself, so I drove to Belfountain Conservation Area. It’s a fairly pretty little place in the Niagara Escarpment. There is a small dam of the Credit River, which creates a pond and a waterfall, and there’s a nice little suspension bridge to provide an excellent view of the waterfall and the subsequent rapids.

I brought my camera AND my brand-new tripod. The tripod definitely helped when I was doing close-ups (e.g., shot of berries below this post), but was a pain to cart around on the trails. I think I need a caddy, like a golf caddy, but for photography. You know, some poor underpaid dude who would haul my tripod and extra lenses and bottled water and hiking poles and trail maps and field guides when I’m not using them. Maybe I should invest in a burro? LOL

FYI, if you ever decide to visit this conservation area, take Hwy 10 from Brampton to Forks of the Credit Road until you get to the park. FOTC Road is all twisty and hilly (including one double hairpin curve), so it's fun to drive. :)

No comments: