Monday, March 14, 2005

Stuck in Paint Chip Purgatory!!!

Well, I've been meaning to paint my apartment since December. I still haven't - I keep looking at paint chips, thinking "That isn't quite right," then going to look at fabrics to see if that would make things easier (it didn't - I have expensive tastes in fabric, apparently), then yesterday got more paint chips ...

I had thought that I would like my living room to be a deep but passionate red colour. I have a lot of birch/pine furniture that I thought would be a nice contrast. Also, I wanted the focal point of the room to be a copy of the vintage "L'Instant Taittinger" poster - a very glamourous advertisement in which a tall glass of champagne is superimposed over an image of Grace Kelly in a black strapless tulip dress. I wanted it to be energizing and inspiring. But yesterday I began to think the red walls would be really annoying if I were stressed. So back to the drawing board ... Maybe I'll actually have to get one of those "colour consultants" in ... LOL

Can anyone out there relate? :)

Eclecta

No comments: