Sunday, March 20, 2005

My birthday wishes

Yes, it's my birthday again tomorrow, and I'm not ashamed to say that I'll be 35 years old! (I really don't get the whole youth-worship of our culture; my adolescence and early twenties were tortured, and every year gets better and I become more and more a person I like and respect. I would never go back!!!)

There are, however, things I still would like to do better, and these are my wishes for this birthday and the upcoming year:

  • that I would be able to balance my responsible, sensible side with the determination to grab life with both hands and to make the most of every day
  • that I would find joy and beauty even in everyday things
  • that I would have the strength and resources to pursue my lifelong dreams (fluency in other languages, travel, helping others, writing)
There are lots of other things that I'm sure I could wish for, but these are what are on my heart tonight.

No comments: