Sunday, August 02, 2009

Gotta share this

Tonight I went out with my classmates to celebrate two birthdays. It was a good time, but the funniest part of the evening happened on my way home sometime after midnight. I was sitting on the subway at Yonge & Eglinton, waiting for the train to take off. A pair of friends (a man and a woman) said their good-byes, and the man got in the subway car and sat down. However, the woman's subway (going in the opposite direction) had not yet arrived, so she hovered just outside the door of our train, and starting calling into the car after her friend in a saccharinely maternal voice: "I love you, John!" Then: "Don't pee in the subway like you normally do!" The poor guy looked embarrassed and amused at the same time.

It was so outrageous and clever that I grinned the rest of my way home.

No comments: