Sunday, March 01, 2009

Lucky Girl

Jenny is a friend I met in university - a lovely woman with the biggest heart - and a history of near-misses of which I'd previously been unaware! Quite the story, and I know you'll be amazed ... :)

Copied here from FB, with her permission:

Strange, but true...

I've been in two major car crashes (one hit & run) -- neither my fault!!...was in one tour bus crash (I was a passenger)...have been in two earthquakes...two tornados...one flood...held up with a gun...was stuck in the mud (right up to the rims) in the prairies during a severe lightening storm...been lost in a forest (required a search party)...had the building next to me blow up...was robbed...was electrocuted once...and had one very nasty experience with E-Coli. What have I learned? Look BOTH ways before crossing the street...wear a seatbelt...stand in the door frame during an earthquake...hide in the bathtub under cushions in a tornado and pray...always have a life jacket...avoid eye contact with someone pointing a gun...avoid prairie dirt roads when it rains...carry a compass...listen to fire alarms...and don't mix electricity with water :) ... don't drink the water in India...and most importantly...don't forget to laugh!! "Little challenges" can make you stronger...and make for a great stories down the road. Good life lessons, eh :) Just thought I'd pass them on...

peace, jenny

No comments: