Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Lake House

I just finished watching The Lake House on DVD. It stars Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves, who (rather surprisingly) give decent performances. Overall the movie is a very good romance - but perhaps I found it that way just because I had such low expectations when I began watching it. LOL It made me cry - more than once! (That means it was good!)


Geeky Photographer’s Note

The cinematography in this film is also very good – beautiful use of light in many of the scenes. I know how hard it is to capture such sweet light in still photography; I’m astonished at the coordination it must take to get the scene with the light with the actors, the crew, scene, props, etc. Even many of the indoor scenes are very beautifully lit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never got a chance to catch The Lake House. I did see the previews though, and it looked like a really good movie. It really made you cry a couple of times? It must've been good. Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses, so I really need to check this one out. Did you know Sandra is nominated for favorite female movie star for The Peoples Choice Awards? Make sure you vote for her at http://www.pcavote.com . I work with the Peoples Choice Community so I'm giving you guys the heads up.