Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Jen C. gets big opportunity

And some amazing changes also for my awesome friend Jen C:

No I have not disappeared off the face of the earth - I'm still here in Vientiane, Lao PDR. One term at Vientaine College to escape infinite thesis hell has turned into one term at a provincial hospital plus five months (so far) with the ILO on their anti-trafficking project... and despite my best intentions to at least visit home this summer/fall... well... not happening. Mass mailings aren't my bag, but I thought I wanted to share some cool news with you - that some of you may already have caught wind of. Though it's not 100% (I need to be approved by Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs), I have been offered and accepted a position with CUSO as Lao Country Director. It's going to be tough, a huge change and loads and loads of work - CUSO's had a rough past 5 years in terms of high turnover of Country Director - and the projects and programmes in country are tough to manage, too. Anyhow, conference/training in Bali at the end of this month; then one more month with ILO (to finish up three months' worth of work!) and then picking up at CUSO (depending, of course, on ministry approval). So, based on my work obligations, I think that I will probably never sleep again.
I'm sooooo proud!!!!!!!!

No comments: