Sunday, December 09, 2007

Smug

Tonight, inspired by the potato soup Lisa made when I was visiting her and her family last weekend, I prepared this vegan potato and leek soup. It was very satisfying, except that the rosemary leaves, when added only at the end as per instructions, were tough and too strong in flavour. I might just leave them out entirely next time, or use dried rosemary leaves instead, whose taste is much more muted.

Along with my soup, I ate a half a pound of steamed asparagus. Did you know that not everyone’s urine acquires a nasty smell after eating asparagus? Or that some people simply cannot smell it, even if it’s there? Apparently it’s all genetic. And I’m one of the lucky ones, because one way or another, I am oblivious. It’s awesome.

And, friends and Internet vagabonds. after a long day of cleaning and chores, this is ample entertainment for me.

No comments: