Monday, March 31, 2008

Indigo Girls overload

You ever have one of those days when your MP3 player drives you a little crazy???

I should first explain something: I really don't like skipping a song - especially if it has a catchy tune - once it's started because it will just stick in my head anyway. (On the other hand, allowing a song to naturally finish on its own actually helps me move on and not have the song stuck on continuous play in my brain.)

Okay, so back to my narrative: today, of the hundreds of songs that I have, my iPod somehow seemed to choose every Indigo Girls song there was. Not that there's anything wrong with the Indigo Girls - I love their melodies and harmonies - but holy crap every song seems to have a melodramatic lyric along the lines of "I take things so much more seriously than you do" and I want to reach through my headphones and shake one of those singers really hard and tell her, "FOR GOD'S SAKE FIND A SENSE OF HUMOUR!!!!"

And yes, I am fully aware of the irony of this. :->

How was your day? :)

No comments: