Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A better world without him

This week, Natalia wrote:

Jerry Falwell is dead. And I cannot muster any type of sorrow for the passing of such a deluded and corrupt hate-monger. Good riddance. The world has one less asshole.
Too harsh? Take a read of quotes from JF, here, like this one:
You know when I see somebody burning the flag, I'm a Baptist preacher I'm not a Mennonite, I feel it's my obligation to whip him. In the name of the Lord, of course. I feel it's my obligation to whip him, and if I can't do it then I look up some of my athletes to help me. But, as long as at 72 I can handle most of the jobs I do it myself, and I don't think it's un-spiritual. When I, when I, when I hear somebody talking about our military and ridiculing and saying terrible things about our President, I'm thinking you know just a little bit of that and I believe the Lord would forgive me if I popped him.

No comments: