Sunday, April 01, 2007

A day at a cabin

Wow, had a fantastic day yesterday. My friend Jim and I drove up to Grey County to join a group of our friends in a cabin along the Niagara Escarpment. Throughout the drive, Jim and I had a lively conversation about life, meaning, community, individuality, etc., etc. and it was very thought-provoking, at least for me. I really enjoyed the way that Jim made me think.

I spent the rest of the day hiking, eating, and otherwise loafing around and enjoying being with an amazing group of people in a lovely natural setting:









































In the afternoon, I went for a hike by myself, partly because I hike so slowly and I didn’t want to hold anyone back, but also because I just wanted to focus on being out in nature. It was incredibly relaxing and invigorating – I need to do this more. Afterward, I returned to the cabin and read for a bit while others napped/read/hiked.

MUST. DO. THIS. AGAIN.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This was great! I might steal some parts of it for the website.

Eclecta said...

Go for it! :)

Anonymous said...

looks like fun:)