Sunday, October 23, 2005

What Life Has Been Like Lately

Maybe you’ve noticed that I’ve been rather quiet lately, or that you haven’t heard from me very much. Basically, life has just been about work. I really, truly like my job – I love the people I work with; I love the opportunities and responsibility that I’ve been given; I love the way I get to use my creativity, organizational skills, ability to read and nurture people, analytical skills, and penchant for process improvement every day at work. I love the chance I’ve been given to lead not only the people on my team, but in some ways, people across the department. (My team is involved – one way or another – in about 90% of everything the department does, so we’re pretty important in the overall picture.)

Without question this is the best job I have ever had, or ever dreamed I could have within a business environment. There is an enormous amount of work, and my manager and I are planning even more to try to improve the way that things are done in order to continually improve service, stability, security, and efficiency. By now you might be getting the picture that it’s a demanding job.

I’ve also been trying to increase my fitness level and to deal with a few stubborn pounds, so I’ve been going to the gym a lot in the last month and a half.

So while I find my job fascinating and interesting, and I enjoy the benefits of increased physical activity, together they’re pretty exhausting and time-consuming. They don’t usually provide fodder for conversation either – who outside my place of employment really wants to hear about all my proposed process improvements, for instance? LOL Sometimes it's just easier to socialize with people from work ... LOL (Good thing I like them a lot!!!)

However, I do have a number of things to share this weekend, so please read on. Also, I have no intention of becoming a workaholic (there are too many other things that I want to do/be in life!), so please just hang in there with me as I try to make the most of the current opportunities and to establish a better balance.

C.

No comments: